Friday, December 3, 2010

Pure Poetry: Crimes Of The Heart

You’ve heard me talk about Crimes Of The Heart before, the East West Players production of the Pulitzer Prize-winning play. I’ve Twittered about it, raved about it on Facebook, maybe I even called you up on the phone to tell you about it. You probably didn’t answer when your caller ID told you who it was, but that’s beside the point.

The show ends this weekend, so for those of you who haven’t seen it what’s it going to take to convince you to go? I thought about it, and the only way is to bring out the big guns. 


That’s right – I’m talking haiku. Shall we?
This winter evening
Doesn’t have to suck if you
See Crimes Of The Heart
Hey, I never claimed to be Shakespeare.

Here’s a bonus – tonight is Wine Down Friday, so enjoy complimentary wine before the performance and during intermission. That’s such a great deal I feel another seventeen syllables coming on:

At Crimes Of The Heart
Cold outside but I don’t care
Wine I love you so
Seriously, I could go on all day, so unless you’d like to see me further butcher this treasured form of Japanese poetry you’ll buy a ticket already.

Which reminds me:

Half-hour before
the show...rush hour begins
Get some cheap tickets!
What can I say, I’m on fire.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  

Pin It

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails