Monday, November 22, 2010

Listening To the 'Band On The Run' Reissue & flashing back to detention

42 years ago today The Beatles released The White Album. While I sing Happy Birthday and go bake a cake, I'm going to listen to the recently reissued, remastered Band on the Run CD I received a few weeks back. For those of you not familiar with the third album from Paul McCartney and Wings, Rolling Stone named it one of the 500 Greatest Albums Of All Time. TAKE THAT JUSTIN BEAVER.

I'm going to totally date myself here, but I remember seeing Wings at the Los Angeles Forum many years ago. Probably right after electricity was discovered, and somebody said, "Let's put on one of them newfangled rock and roll gitups!" I remember it being an amazing night, and it's further etched in my memory because in order to get tickets, a historic event took place – I ditched school for the very first time. And guess what? I GOT CAUGHT. (Note to Sir Paul McCartney: I got detention for you, man.)

And now all these years later my 12-year-old is a big Beatles fan. We saw McCartney's show at the Hollywood Bowl earlier this year and it definitely ranks as one of the best concerts I've seen. And to get tickets nobody got caught trying to hand in a forged absence note written by their science lab partner, either.

Here's some great footage on the band:


This new reissue was personally supervised by Paul McCartney and the remastering work was done at Abbey Road studios. It's 2 CDs with nine bonus tracks, plus a DVD with some great behind-the-scenes footage. We are all loving it over here.

Here are the tracks on the CD:

"Band on the Run"
"Jet"
"Bluebird"
"Mrs Vandebilt"
"Let Me Roll It"
"Mamunia"
"No Words"
"Picasso's Last Words (Drink to Me)"
"Nineteen Hundred and Eighty Five"

Bonus Audio Tracks
"Helen Wheels"
"Country Dreamer"
"Bluebird" [from One Hand Clapping]
"Jet" [from One Hand Clapping]
"Let Me Roll It" [from One Hand Clapping]
"Band on the Run" [from One Hand Clapping]
"Nineteen Hundred and Eighty Five" [from One Hand Clapping]
"Country Dreamer" [from One Hand Clapping]
"Zoo Gang"

DVD
"Band on the Run" Music Video
"Mamunia" Music Video
Album Promo
"Helen Wheels" Music Video
Wings In Lagos
Osterley Park
One Hand Clapping

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  

Pin It

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails