Monday, November 26, 2007

I Use It Everyday: Tabasco Gets Me Hot

Call me crazy, but I don't think there's anything that doesn't taste better with a healthy dose of Tabasco shaken on it. I put it on everything - eggs, chicken, tacos - I'd probably put it on a donut if I weren't watching my carbs. Sure it's hot and can make your lips feel like they're burning off and singes your throat like you just drank a cup of hot lava, but like giving birth, you soon forget the pain and want to do it all over again! Coincidentally, too much Tabasco can make you sound like you're in labor.

I recall my sister-in-law once saying to my brother, "What IS it with your family and Tabasco?" as we all fought over a bottle at a family gathering. I'm not sure, but somehow the spicy condiment was a staple in our Japanese American diet. I never thought there was anything strange about the pairing of Tabasco and ramen noodles and I thought nothing of emptying half a bottle onto my Denver omelet. I remember that familiar red and green bottle being present on our kitchen table at all times, and even today I still make sure there's always one in my refrigerator. Hey kids - mommy forgot to buy milk, but what about some Tabasco on your cereal this morning?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

tags: | | |




Pin It

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails